This website was designed, developed and is maintained with your privacy as a primary concern. While Privacy Policies can be long, we initially want to ensure you that:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information you share.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
What This Policy Covers
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account. For example, we require individuals who sign up for an ICSCompany.net store account to provide a username and email address, along with billing and shipping details, personal information like your name, a phone number and credit card information when applicable.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from our store, you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you in the form of comments on our blog or reviews of our products. For example, if you write a review of one of our products, on our site, that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet, if you choose to publish the review. This might be obvious to you…but it’s not to everyone!
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you complete contact forms, or click on links to email us via the site.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most online service providers, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services–for example, when you create or make changes to your account or make a purchase.
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. For example, we collect information about what products you view, pages you visit, and actions you take on the website–in other words, who did what, when and to what thing on the site. We also collect information about what happens when you use our Services (e.g., page views, searches, button clicks) along with information about your device (e.g., mobile screen size, name of cellular network, and mobile device manufacturer). We use this information to, for example, provide our Services to you, as well as get insights on how people use our Services, so we can make our Services better.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
- Stored Information: We may access information stored on your computer via cookies, which allow you to use our shopping cart functionality and visit the site later without losing that shopping cart, and to remain logged in until you choose to log out (or we do so automatically after a given amount of time). We access this stored information through your browser’s permissions.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources, such as via Google Analytics which provides additional insight into who is using our website and how, though this information is primarily not personally identifying – that is, it doesn’t list your name or other information you provide and we don’t explicitly share that with Google, outside of any agreements you may have in place with them via their services to do so. We do not store your credit card information directly on our site, but via a secure, standards-compliant third party that also processes the credit card payments.
We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users or customers (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, host your website, backup and restore your website, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop our Services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of ICS Company and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Automattic and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Automattic and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of ICS Company, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as social media contact information via a survey or contest.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Other Site Users: If you leave a comment and use functionality such as replying to another user, they may be notified of this action, and it will be publicly available on the web unless we choose not to display it.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. We strongly encourage you to use strong passwords for your accounts with the site.
This Policy Is Available Under a Creative Commons Sharealike License